Wednesday, November 28, 2007

R.I.P. Sean Taylor...Hail to the Redskins


I never loved football but I have grown to like it now. My husband is an ex- college and highschool player, and diehard football fanatic. Living with him, and playing a little fantasy football, have increased my interest.

Regardless of my interest level, I have always been a 'skins fan. I grew up in the D.C. area and momma is from the city. So, we were raised to be fans! We left the area last year but it's still a big part of me. That is home. I am a 'skins fan and the 'skins are part of home.

When I heard about Sean Taylor's shooting, I hoped it was nothing. A bullet in the leg didn't sound so ominous. Little did I know. As I was getting dressed on Tuesday morning, I heard the announcement of his death. It felt like a friend had passed. I was seriously bummed about it.
Right or wrong, our society idolizes these players and we follow their every move. Because of his troubles, Sean was very exposed. That exposure makes them familiar. He was a friend who showed up and showed out every Sunday. Now he's gone. R.I.P. Sean Taylor.

No comments: