Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Winners/Losers

It's only humpday but I already have some winners and losers....

Winners:

Rutger's womens basketball team and their coach - I hate to say this but…they made me proud sounding all articulate and what not ;) You know how some like to think articulate Black folk are uncommon (Biden/Obama). Loved how eloquent and respectful they were. If you still aren't offended, something is WRONG with YOU.

Proctor & Gamble, Staples and Bigelow Tea – Kudos for dumping Imus. Green matters more than any color these days (as the Rutger's coach pointed out) and I'm glad a few recognized the power of Black dollars.

Some NFL players – I hear a few players were concerned Adam and Chris were messing with their images. Well, they should be happy now!

Al Sharpton – I don't always agree, but I always respected Al's game. Dude is the best interviewer! I listen faithfully and already knew this. But he really did it to Imus yesterday. If only all journalists were that honest and real.

Losers:

NFL teams – So the new commish wants to hold teams/owners responsible for player misconduct. Wow. I know a lot of folks are worried. I fully expect the draft and future negotiations to focus on moral issues and off-field behavior.

Pacman and his college buddy Chris Henry – Damn. One year for 80k in ones! ;) Just kidding, I realize he was questioned in ten incidents. But, a year still seems like a lot. He's going to miss out on $1.2 million in pay. OUCH! I bet he stays away from Magic City and tries to hunt down those other strippers…he needs his money back! And I'm late because I just realized they played for the same college team. Birds of a feather….

Imus, MSNBC and WFAN – Do I even need to say why? Okay, what the hell is a two-week suspension? Screw y'all!

Hilary Clinton – She just lost my support. Why did I receive an email telling me to join her in sending words of "respect" to the Rutger's team? Um, Hilary, please stop trying to bait us Black folks. If you really want to do something, publicly denounce Imus and vow to NEVER go on his show. My baby-daddy (Barack) is in Atlanta on Saturday. Wanna guess where I'll be?

Bama:

Deion Sanders...that burgundy get-up bothered me. And yesterday he did an interview from his steps...indoors...with a sweater and fedora on...

No comments: