Thursday, January 25, 2007

Paula, please!

When I decided to start a blog, I had no idea what I would write about. Writing has been part of my life forever. As I venture into freelancing and trying to get my thoughts out "there", I figured a blog is the natural transition...I mean who doesn't have a blog?

However, I never intended to spend too much time on entertainment. I have several websites and blogs that I read (for entertainment news/gossip), so I didn't see the point in adding to that arena. Yet, as an American Idol LOVER, I will definitely discuss my favorite show!

Now that we have that unnecessary disclaimer out of the way...Paula Abdul needs our help ladies and gentlemen. Surely, you have witnessed her "confusion" during a recent interview. Definitely, you know all about her and Corey Clark and her "weird" behavior over the past few years. So why, I ask, is she still obsessing over these little boys?

But, last night, I became Paula! After 1/2 a glass of wine, I found myself drooling over 16 year old Jenry. Lord have mercy on me! Where has this kid been hiding? And, is he Tyson Beckford's love child?! As Paula got glossy eyed (or was she already glossy eyed?) and swayed to his voice, I started to sway with her. For a split second, I was Paula. I envisioned helping his career along with a few late night "teaching" sessions. Thankfully, my marriage is secure enough to allow me to "ooh" and "ahh" over this boy, all while my loving husband sat next to me. Even more thankfully, I am not a molester and I have some morality left in me.

But, if I were a middle-aged, has-been entertainer with a drug/drinking problem, I would need help! Just like my girl Paula!

Extra Idol Notes:

* Porcelena is crazy! Who trains, for a year, just to audition for Idol? The Rocky Balboa moments showing her running through the streets of NY were beyond comical. Even funnier, her far too low-cut jeans and "chiseled" body made me want to throw up when mixed with her obscene dye/perm jobs and weird facial expressions. But the girl wasn't half bad. A rocky Mary J. is definitely something new!

*Nicholas is a quitter and I was a little bothered that he was allowed to return. But, after hearing him sing, he deserves in!

*The girl (can't remember her name) that made it to Hollywood twice REALLY bothered me. I mean, aren't there enough deserving singers in America? Why allow THREE tries?! She needs to hang it up and stop depending on Idol to make it. The girl can sing but she lacks something...maybe it's a normal brain or normal emotional intelligence?! Give it up girl, what's the point in the endless pleadings?!

*Poor Nakia. The girl outsung many of the more attractive auditioners. Yet, she got another no. When she broke into the "I'm tired of hearing no" cry, I cried with her. Nakia, I have one (well really two) words for you....JENNIFER HUDSON! Girl, this is not the end. Keep pushing on!

No comments: