Monday, February 26, 2007

Hillary vs. Barack

No there's no new drama to report...though I'm sure it's brewing in some journalist or staffer's mind. But, in my own mind, there is a battle. Beyond the obvious question (can either win?), I have struggled to form an opinion on the who's the BEST man/woman for the job.

Here's what I know so far:

Hillary is smart, strong, empowering and has some good ideas.

Obama is smart, eloquent, charismatic, inspiring and has good ideals.

I'm currently signed up to help both. So far, this only means tons of emails begging for my money. Hillary is hoping to raise $1 million this week. Supposedly, doing this will make a big statement and be historic according to Madeline Albright's email. I'm not excited.

After a THREE month wait, on my library wish list, my number finally came up for Obama's book. A day later, $40 million slaves was available too. I thought I'd won the lottery! LOL. Honestly, I want to read Rhoden's book first. But, in search of Obama's ideas (vs. ideals), I am reading his book. Like his speeches, it pulls you in and makes you feel good. But, I'm still searching for the ideas beyond a "new" government where everyone works to find an answer. Or maybe, that is the idea? Hmm...

Hopefully, this election will require candidates to actually present IDEAS and not rely on bashing each other or scaring their base into voting. I know only time will tell, but I'm really looking forward to hearing how Obama, Hillary, and all the others differ.

No comments: