Monday, February 26, 2007

Quick Oscars Bit

Here's a few thoughts I have on last night's show:

Ellen was OKAY. At times, she bounced between too subdued and too talk-showish

Eddie was robbed! I have not seen most of the nominated films. But, I did see Dreamgirls and LMS. If Norbit was the issue, I really wish his people would have planned better. Sadly, I just can't imagine him getting the chance again....but I did hear he's being tapped to play James Brown. This could be a little too much like his Dreamgirls role, but maybe.....

Go JHud! Can't say enough times how much I like this girl! After seeing her golden "Count Dracula" coat, I can't say enough times how much I dislike Andre Leon Talley ;)

Dreamgirls did it!! They were robbed of a best picture nod and, IMO, they showed out last night! All three girls were outstanding. MSN said it was a "worst" moment and asked where Diana Ross was?! Obviously, this writer has no CLUE what it means to SANG! Diana is a wonderful performer, and has many hits to her name, but her voice has nothing on JHud or Beyonce. The author called Diana a true diva. Excuse me?! I always thought a diva had the attitude AND the looks or talent to back it up. Diana has one out of three...you guess which one! LOL.

Is it me or was Bey trying her hardest not to be outsung? She was belting the hell out of Listen. Who was better? Can't call it and not sure that it matters.

I have a new level of respect for Forest Whitaker. Until watching TV One's special, I had never thought of everything he's accomplished in Hollywood as a director and actor. Well deserved Oscar!

1 comment:

Rick Rockhill said...

nice oscars posting. I have two that you might be interested in. stop by and say hello

www.rickrockhill.blogspot.com